Saturday, October 23, 2010

Am I really THAT mom?

Okay, so I kind of feel the need to elaborate a little more about the title I chose for my blog. Who exactly is "THAT" mom? What are her qualities? Well, let me just start by saying that being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done. You're always taking care of everyone else's needs before your own. It's a tireless job. Things you do are underappreciated and somedays, you just want to sit in the corner and repeatedly bang your head on the wall until the crying, whining, and (if you have more than one kid) fighting subside.

Luckily, "THAT" mom knows how to swoop in and stop the madness before it gets too out of control. She can also read her children's moves before they can even make them.

"THAT" mom doesn't let the everyday craziness get to her. She knows that no matter how hard it gets, bedtime is ALWAYS at the end of the day.

"THAT" mom doesn't lose it at the grocery store during a meltdown over popsicles.

"THAT" mom knows how to use diversions!

"THAT" mom is always ready to handle business... Then do 4 loads of laundry, sweep, clean the bathroom, and cook dinner.

"THAT" mom knows that being a mom is really tough, but it's also the most amazing thing ever. You don't know the meaning of life until you've had a child. They are your universe, and you are theirs.

So you get the idea. I feel like I'm "THAT" mom because I deserve to be seen that way. I work hard to make sure my kids are active, healthy, safe, and having fun every single day. They're amazing little humans. I deserve a pat on the back for that.

EVERY mom is "THAT" mom.

She just has to tell herself every once in a while. I tell myself every day...

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, this is SO you! I'm so glad to see that you're capitalizing on your God-given gifts, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i love this! i found your blog on fb. love it.

    ReplyDelete