Friday, October 22, 2010

An attempt to get the ball rolling...

Wow! I've always wanted to have my own blog! Since my kids have gotten older and have slightly mellowed (and are currently both sick in bed right now), I am able to finally sit down and start EVERYTHING I've been planning in my head for the past few months...

First stop: Blog! I can elaborate on the cuteness of my kids' daily lives AND keep my brain from turning to mush at the same time! I love writing. Plus, I have a LOT of good ideas and crafts to share with anyone willing to listen!

I've also signed up for Twitter (Add me! @SoCALpartyMOM). I initially signed up because my friend @Thyda is taking a Facebook hiatus and I missed her random postings! Then, I realized that using Twitter would be helpful in my "future endeavours" as well (more on this in a later post).

Next up: Post something in my Etsy store. I'm thinking custom pinatas and superhero parties in a box for now. I just want parents to be able to have super awesome-looking parties for their kids without having to spend a fortune. And I want to be able to help provide for my family while continuing to be a stay-at-home parent. Sooo... Message me if you're having an event! I can do pretty much anything!

Having a blog and posting all this on it makes me more motivated to get everything going. I'm excited, and kind of nervous about selling my work, but I don't settle for anything less than perfection, so I'm not too concerned!

2 comments:

  1. This is super cool!! I'll keep reading and hope to learn something new from one mom to one mom! Keep posting and GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle! You amaze me! This is awesome and I am so glad that I was somewhat your inspiration to join Twitter. I am so glad that I was able to experience your super cool kids' party and see your work. This blog is definitely setting you off on the right track. I actually know a few potential clients that I am sending your way when their kids get a wee bit older (they are only 2.5 months old at the moment... hehe). But hey... their first birthday!

    I can't wait to see more of your work and read your posts. EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete