Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rant time.

Rant time.

I always do more than what is expected of me. This is true with absolutely everything I do. Work, my kids, my crafts. Everything I create and put my name on is a true labor of love. I don't sit, I don't whine, I don't cry about my responsibilities. I know what I get myself into everyday and I am fully capable of handling my business gracefully, and with a smile.

I'm probably going to get flack for this blog, but whatever. It needs to be said! I just don't get how people can be lazy! How does someone do that? If you're getting offended by my rant, then good. You probably need to take your left hand, raise it up, and slap yourself with it. I'm glad to be hitting nerves. You don't ever get to where you want to go in life by just sitting around and waiting for something good to come along. Life does not wait for the lazy. If you're not out there, actively looking for that opportunity of a lifetime, it's just never going to come to you. Sorry.

I see life differently than most. It could be because of the whole childhood cancer deal. A lot of the memories that were repressed are coming back to me now that I'm an adult (SO psych! I love it). Actually, I know I see the world through different color lenses because no one knows the value of life until yours is nearly taken away.

At Janin's opening day of T-ball last Saturday at Eastview, they retired the number of a young boy who lost his battle with lymphoma. Same type of blood cancer I had. That could have easily been me 22 years ago. So why did I make it?

I am here for a reason. I don't care how long it will take me to get to where I want to be in my life. Just know that I WILL get there through my hard work and tireless commitment to my family and responsibilities. Can you say the same for yourself?

My ultimate goal in life is to bring birthday parties and joy to kids stuck in the hospital on their birthday. That's all I want to do. If there's anyone down to help me with this little project, I totally encourge it. Nothing feels better than giving away something you put your heart into and seeing a kid smile. Nothing else even matters. Email me if you're awesome and want to donate your time and craftiness.

I am not perfect, nor am I by no means mom of the year. I'm just real people, trying to make my voice be heard.

What are you doing with your life?

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work! We all need reminders every now and then about how precious time we have and how to make the most of it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete