Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Happy Birthday Project

Selling crafts has officially become a way for me to give back to my community. I decided that I want to make birthday party supplies and crafty presents for kids stuck in the hospital on their birthday. Not only do I get to craft for a super worthy cause, this is also my attempt at doing some volunteer work from home.

I'm beyond adamant about this new project of mine because I am a former cancer kid myself. I had just barely turned 4 years old when I was diagnosed with Lymphoma. Soon after, I found myself spending a LOT of time at Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in my hometown of Tacoma, WA. Although I don't think I ever spent a birthday there, I spent almost every other day of my life at that hospital when I was sick. I want desperately to make them my first party box recipients. I'm thinking capes, crowns, tutus, t-shirts... Maybe even a piñata or two for a super fun time!

I love seeing how excited my own children get for their birthday parties. I live for birthdays! (This is probably going to be my motto haha!) All I want to do is make other kids feel the same way too, especially if they have to spend their birthday in the hospital. I want them to forget about being sick, even if it is just for a little while.  

I'm a mom of two on a single income, so selling crafts is my only way of generating enough funds to purchase supplies for the things I plan on creating. Half of every purchase price from whatever crafts I sell will be going soley towards this project. So, tell your friends about me! Repost the link to my Etsy Store (there's a "Share" box on the left side) or my blog, or just do anything else you can do to help generate sales to help make my vision possible! You will be handsomely rewarded. I'm thinking a referral program or something for those who help me out. Maybe a free piñata or something after 3 referral purchases? Or a craft of your choice! That would be pretty cool.

Feedback on ANY of this would be greatly appreciated. Please tell me what you think! I'm still in the very early stages of this, and I truly value your input and opinions!

Anyway, thanks for reading, and hope you share this with your friends!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. I will definitely spread the words. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete