Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oblivious to the world.

Now that life has finally seemed to settle down for my family after a VERY hectic couple of years, I can finally see the beauty in all the life and love around me. After becoming a mom, I feel like I'm in an entirely different universe. In my world, there is never any bad news. Everyday is filled with sunshine, cupcakes, and Yo Gabba Gabba. I'm really out of touch with the happenings of the world around me, but for right now, in this special time of my life when my children are young, I think that's ok. In my house, I don't watch the news. It's too depressing. Besides, I'm too busy to sit and watch tv. I would much rather read or write in my down time anyway.

This time last year, I couldn't even remember what down time felt like. I was so incredibly busy with the kids. Leah was still super tiny, so I would strap her into my Bjorn and hit Disneyland - by myself. I was already Wondermom in the making back then, I just didn't know it yet. As the kids grew older and learned how to play more independently, I was able to finally relax a little and get things done around the house. I'm completely organized now and I think that's helped a lot in finding and maintaining my newfound sense of peace and clarity. Feng shui anyone?

Right now, at this moment, I feel like there is nothing that can get to me. Motherhood changes women in indescribable ways. I feel stronger, physically and mentally, and so much more alive now than I ever did in the past. You don't know what real happiness is until you see it in the eyes of your children. I thought I was happy before, but that level of happiness is nowhere near the level of elation I feel now every time I see my kids smile. They bring out the best in me, and inspire me to do amazing things. They are my source of energy, creativity, and love.

I am oblivious to the world around me because I don't want to ruin the high my family gives me on a daily basis. In this beautiful time of my life, all I want to think about is Disneyland, planning birthday parties, and finding fun new ways to learn and play with my kids. I have never been happier. What's more, I know things can only get better from here. I am so excited to see what the new year brings.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle... that was so beautifully said! I really cannot wait to be a Mommy one day. After seeing you and your kids for only a few hours, I knew that that kind of happiness and fun is what I want. Love you, WonderMom!

    ReplyDelete